We Believe In
1. One True God, The Lord God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, absolute in authority, unchanging in righteousness, perfect in love and eternally existent in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. The authenticity of the Old and New Testament Scriptures as being Divinely inspired in the original writings and therefore the infallible Word of God, all-sufficient and completely authoritive in all matters of Divine revelation, of faith and of conduct.
3. God manifest in the flesh – our LordJesus Christ;- His Deity, His Virgin birth, His true humanity, His sinless life, the all sufficiency of His sacrificial atoning death, His burial, His bodily resurrection and ascension, His present High Priestly ministry, His promised personal visible bodily return to receive His Church to himself, His future triumphant reign and His Lordship over all things to the church.
4. The personality of the Holy Spirit and His sovereign prerogative in matters pertaining to conviction of sin, the regeneration and sanctification of the believer, the allocation of spiritual gifts and His indwelling of all true believers to empower them for holy living and witness.
5. The existence of a dynamic force of evil, active in its rebellion against righteousness and the authority of God; of its origin in the person of the Devil who by malicious deception encompassed the ruin of humanity and is under God’s judgement and is under eternal damnation.
6. The glorious but costly triumph of God’s grace in effecting a righteous resolution of the Divine dilemma posed by the requirement of God’s justice on the one hand that mankind’s sin should not go unpunished and on the other hand of His love yearning to forgive and restore.
7. The Divine plan of Salvation of the individual by grace through repentance and personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and dependent not on human merit or endeavor but entirely on the merit of Christ’s redemptive sacrifice.
8. The assurance of salvation and the eternal security of the believer.
9. The priesthood of all believers, namely their complete access to the Father through Christ Jesus, Our Great High Priest, the one and only mediator between God and man and our one and only advocate with the Father.
10. The bodily resurrection of both believers and unbelievers, the former to eternal life, the latter to eternal judgement.
1. The baptism of believers by immersion not as a means to salvation or as a prerequisite to local church membership but as an act of identification with their Lord in His death, burial and resurrection.
2. The regular observance of the Lord’s supper as instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ and observed by the early church on the first day of the week.
3. Our Lord Jesus Christ’s great commission to make disciples, to baptise them and to teach the keeping of His commandments.
4. The autonomy of the local church, a plurality of elders and the responsibility of men to exercise leadership in the church.